Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cover Letter

Meagan Hall

2 May 2011

Cover Letter

            This final project has helped my writing abilities tremendously. I found many mistakes, both grammatical and rhetorical in my rough draft. I was very appalled by the careless mistakes I failed to correct before turning in my paper. To revise my paper on Media Influence on Youth, I began by skimming the entire rough draft and looking for any possible mistakes I could find. After I had skimmed for grammatical mistakes, I read my entire paper very slowly, as if I were reading it with no prior recollection on the subject matter. I inserted information that I thought would be useful to the delivery of my argument so that the reader could further understand the media’s affect on the actions of young people today. The main highlights of my paper were to evoke the reader to get involved the fight against false portrayals by the media in the subject areas of body image, sexual relationships, and violence. I believe that by reading my paper, one may have a better understanding of the harsh realities of the media on young people today. My writing experiences over the course of the semester have helped me better develop my own stance and writing style. I had not taken an English course since AP English and Composition, and I was in desperate need of help with argumentative writing, which is one of my weaker areas. I also learned how to research properly. In high school, too much time was devoted on how to write a research paper, and not enough time on how to properly research and correctly cite sources. I learned how to properly make a works cited page, without the help of an online machine. I know that this course will greatly help me in the future when I am competing in the work force.

No comments:

Post a Comment